psybient.org community members forum - share good vibes and enjoy
schofield

A bandcamp wishlist as long as my arm

My wishlist on bandcamp has gone past 200 albums or tracks (currently at 207).  Something I now consider unmanageable.

Some time last year it got to about 150 and I initiated a cull, which got it down to 50.

Since then it has crept up, slowly but surely.

There's no way I will buy all of them, or download all of the 'free' ones.

I guess it's time for another cull.

I have thought of just deleting everything from the wishlist and starting over, but that might be a bit drastic.

Anyone else have a wishlist that is just too long?  Or strategies to manage their wishlist?  Or just general thoughts about the topic?

It was genius of Bandcamp to introduce the User Registration, Collection and Wishlist to their system, not to mention the Feed.  I've spent so much money there since they did that.  I wish I had shares in the company!

I realised long time ago ( before platforms like bandcamp born) that it`s not possible to have all tracks, records ( or whatever) I like, so I`ve droped to make a wishlist very quickly.

Especially with bandcamp -  there is no problem as you can always listen to it online again and again ( that`s what I do meanwhile with albums I can`t buy ) ;)

So don`t worry man - there is always solution. :)

Yeah, I tend to listen to the stuff on my wishlist sometimes more than the stuff that I buy, because I feel like I am still deciding whether to buy them or not.

Sometimes an album might spend months on there before I actually buy it - but I often get there in the end.

Other times it might be streamed a number of times before I drop it off.

But I still want to whittle it down to a more manageable level, otherwise I'll be up at 400 before I know it!

I use the wishlist like a bookmark system for albums I plan on buying. There is just to much music being released to buy it all at once. I usually start at the very beginning of the the wishlist a couple times a month and listen. If it catches me again like originally, I buy it, if not I delete it.