psybient.org community members forum - share good vibes and enjoy
Phase47

Ascendant - Æthereal Code (2015) [Synphaera Records] (Ambient, Psybient)

With Source Transmission we found ourselves exploring the birth of the cosmos, and the origin of all things.

With Æthereal Code, we wanted to explore what comes next, so as remnants of the initial Source Transmission emerge from the cosmological drift, a new epoch begins with the assemblage of the Æthereal Code, which are the repeating frequencies, patterns and resonance - the very code - that is the fabric of space, time and matter.

And there is another album coming to complete this trilogy. But we'll save that for now.

If anybody has any questions or comments, we'd love to hear them. As always, we couldn't do this without you. Here's a great review if you'd like to read more.

It's almost like our own mythology as a band has mimicked our musical artistry from a technical standpoint. Working together, Phase47 and I have only become more efficient and precise as producers. Our workflow has become much more streamlined and our ability to translate our musical ambitions through our releases has only gotten better. 

Proud of our new record and equally excited to bring forth our new record label, Synphaera Records, into the psybient arena. Nothing but good things coming from us! Stay tuned.

I've been listening to this album now few times and really enjoy the whole album a lot :)

You can definitely recognize the "Ascendant sound" in this album you've been also doing in your earlier releases :) Loving the smoothness and mellow feeling in melodies and beats..

Good work... Really good album IMO! I'd say my favorite track is the first track of the album 'Remains'...

It's somewhat different from previous Ascendant works, a bit more uptempo, maybe? I like what I hear but I need more time with it for it to click a bit more. First impressions are expectedly positive though. :)

This seems to be one of the slightly divergent albums I'll be able to "get" and enjoy. ;) 

Yes yiannis, I have to agree, this record is different than our last full length release. However, take as much time as you need! Phase47 and I like to think that we evolve with each new album...learn and continue to explore and grow. I hope you continue to find new sonic gems and special moments hidden within. 

Cheers,

-S1gns

It's somewhat different from previous Ascendant works, a bit more uptempo, maybe? I like what I hear but I need more time with it for it to click a bit more. First impressions are expectedly positive though. :)

This seems to be one of the slightly divergent albums I'll be able to "get" and enjoy. ;)

How are you getting on with it?

Getting warmer for sure, but I don't listen to it every day. Nephews, nieces and all - not much free time. The middle bit of  Capacity, Expansion (especially that) and Alignment are the standout tunes for me so far.

Really beautiful work, I love the warm & spacey atmosphere of the album! This one definitely reminds me of CBL in terms of melodies and even hints to Vangelis at some points, both excellent references for sure :)

Congratulations, I wish you all the best with the album & label!