psybient.org community members forum - share good vibes and enjoy
psydub

any of you listen to psydub?

I was waiting for someone to mention Tor.ma in Dub. Jatab nailed the album that took over my ears recently (Mara'akames Gathering). Love his music!

Love all others that were mentioned too, also got to know a few new names.

Thanx guys.

I'll be playing a Psydub DJ set soon in my city, not many are into psy music but many love dub around here (I got tired of the traditional Dub, listened to loads of Scientist, Lee Scratch Perry, etc) so I'll try to get them hooked. Will blend some electro dub too.

DJs share your mixes.

namaste

Hi embri0n. I do enjoy Big Blue Story and I remember I also liked Jump High and Inside Universe when I listened to them. I admit I haven't had a listen to Tor.Ma for a while though, so I'm playing the album you mentioned. :) Which city are you referring to if I may ask?

Edit: Yeah, Mara'akames Gathering is pretty good.

Shanti Planti all the way. Quanta, Akasha, Landswitcher  :wub:

Plus Globular, as many have already mentioned, and for my original introduction to the genre, Slackbaba (though only his old stuff - I personally don't like his new stuff at all).

If you're in the mood to listen to a mix, there's loads of psydub in this one: 

_/\_

Thank you!!! Lovely mix, I already know most of the artists on it, was lovely to hear you blending them so sweetly. Also, thank you for posting your sets on Soundcloud, looking forward to more.

If I may ask, you also use Ableton right?!

namaste

Thank you!!! Lovely mix, I already know most of the artists on it, was lovely to hear you blending them so sweetly. Also, thank you for posting your sets on Soundcloud, looking forward to more.

If I may ask, you also use Ableton right?!

namaste

Sorry embri0n, I totally missed this, my notifications don't seem to be set up right. Yes, I use Ableton and (at the moment) a Novation Nocturn controller. Thank you for your compliments! :) I've just posted the mix I did for Triplicity festival at the start of summer on Mixcloud actually - 

_/\_

Was just listening to the latest psybient.org podcast, and have noticed how much of todays psy music sounds like psydub

You mean the "Toxic in Dub" one? Yes that doesn't surprise me. He has a strong background/interest in psydub. For example, see this compilation by him:

https://nutekchill.bandcamp.com/album/v-a-resistance-selected-by-toxic-in-dub

It's actually quite surprising how much similar artist's and tracks I seem to share with him, especially when comparing his radiozora mix to my brand new psyDUB mix! :D Talking about synchronicity and all that....