psybient.org community members forum - share good vibes and enjoy
psydub

any of you listen to psydub?

I agree about Vlastur. Great Etnica cover, but I don't like the dubstep elements either. I've had the chance to see him a couple of times but I've been reluctant so far, especially considering I'd have had to travel for a good 5 hours to and fro for that. I reckon I'll only see him either if he plays at a party with others I want to see more than him, or a festival here that I happen to attend. Having said that, it would be cool if he proved me wrong and were awesome.

Erm, not particularly, sorry. It might be more interesting if it were slower and a bit more layered, although it gets better in the second half. It might work better if I were out of my mind though, that often seems to help.

I like SeaMoon a lot, his darker vibe works really well for my tastes. He always offers a very personal sound I find and has made no boring tracks so far for me.

You could check also debut album of Sounds From  The Ground - "Kin"  - excellent dubby album with a lot of ambient/psy influences

Here you can find remastered version http://www.amazon.com/Kin-Sounds-From-Ground/dp/B000003CAD

( it previously was realsed in Universal Egg label on cassette - had this one)

Check also remix/reshape one of track  - "Pearl", made by Macka X, which orginally comes from album showed above 

https://soundcloud.com/macka-x/feat-sounds-from-the-ground

I'll second Sounds from the Ground, whose first album came out in 1995. Yes, psydub from 20 years ago! Not as much emphasis on bass as today's psydub I should add, though obviously you do get those walking basslines that are peculiar to all forms of dub. I'd go for the American version of their second album, Terra Firma, or alternatively 2010's The Maze. There are great tunes on all their releases, although their last few albums are a bit hit-and-miss for me. It might be noteworthy that Bluetech did a great remix of their track Triangle - retitled Triangle (Retriangulated) - on his Prima Materia album.

Sorry about recommending old releases but those are the ones that have grown with me and have stood the test of time IMO.

Ganja Beats is the Jake Stephenson project I like the least. On the dub side of things I prefer his Dr. Psychedelic album.

Overall I'd probably go for either Alien Mutation or Colourform with Matt Hillier, though those are more on the ambient side of things.

So - I will recommend another old goldie back from 20 years ago ( 1995) and another from Universal Egg label - Extremadura "Pulses"

It`s not so easy to describe this music as it has many elements from many  genres in that ( dubby basslines, world music, tribal & native drums etc.)  - very chilly, anyway ;)

So - I will recommend another old goldie back from 20 years ago ( 1995) and another from Universal Egg label - Extremadura "Pulses"

It`s not so easy to describe this music as it has many elements from many  genres in that ( dubby basslines, world music, tribal & native drums etc.)  - very chilly, anyway ;)

I get "This video is unavailable". Pity because I've never even heard of the name. :(

I came to Psydub a few months ago. I enjoyed Dubstep for some years, but sadly enough, most modern releases are not my cup of tea anymore. Too noisy, too shitty, without soul :-)

Current Psydub has great potential and combines classic Dubstep with ethnic and psychedelic influences.

Here are a few artists I can recommend. They can also be found in my mixsets.

Landswitcher

Akasha Experience

Quanta

Whitebear

-Paul

don't work for me either.

So, can you give me some tips how to add links or movies from youtube that will be visible and available for all ?   I can still see and play what I put already.

I came to Psydub a few months ago. I enjoyed Dubstep for some years, but sadly enough, most modern releases are not my cup of tea anymore. Too noisy, too shitty, without soul :-)

Current Psydub has great potential and combines classic Dubstep with ethnic and psychedelic influences.

Here are a few artists I can recommend. They can also be found in my mixsets.

Landswitcher

Akasha Experience

Quanta

Whitebear

-Paul

Most of artists you put were mentioned already as Shanti Planti community ;)