psybient.org community members forum - share good vibes and enjoy
Gagarin Project

Say Word, Random News Exchange, Basically this topic is open for anything

Not even a mention of Bandcamp.

maybe I'm just used to the psybient scene where bandcamp is king, but that seems kind of out of touch for them to not even mention bandcamp. although I had never even heard of several of those online music stores they mentioned so maybe I'm the one that's out of touch.

anyway, last year I ran some average price stats on the 2015 releases google sheet (~90% of which are bandcamp releases) and came up with the following:

Album: €8.10

Compilation: €9.16

EP: €4.34

Single: €1.90

maybe I'm just used to the psybient scene where bandcamp is king, but that seems kind of out of touch for them to not even mention bandcamp. although I had never even heard of several of those online music stores they mentioned so maybe I'm the one that's out of touch.

anyway, last year I ran some average price stats on the 2015 releases google sheet (~90% of which are bandcamp releases) and came up with the following:

Album: €8.10

Compilation: €9.16

EP: €4.34

Single: €1.90

And of course on Bandcamp same price for whatever file type.

And where will be blue planet ?

Been listening to lots of goa lately, that's why I haven't been here much. Harris announced BPC on June 11th. Looking forward to that too.

Never Forget presents Blue Planet Corporation Live 11June@The Place

In the meantime, see you at It next Saturday Gagarin - it's going to be a blast :)  

Would you like to hear best releases of 2016 ?

i would like to bring your attention, that as results to weekly post, Floyd is making on weekly a dedicated forum post with the winning release. 

as a results we have now a category with the "best" releases, easy to browse => http://forum.psybient.org/index.php/tags/forums/best-of-the-week/

feel welcome to browse and comment those "winners".

Moby gives away four hours of ambient music designed for sleeping or meditation

While big room often defines the millenial zeitgeist, there’s far more beyond the surface of mainstream dance music than the glitz and glam of the world’s most ambitious festivals. Moby – a restaurateur, iconic musician, animal lover and advocate of healthy living – is revered as a multi-faceted individual who helped mold modern-day electronic music.

As an active yoga practitioner, the American DJ and producer has created an 11-part series brimming with ambient chords and sounds for fans in need of “really really really quiet music.” Though he suggests listening to Long Ambients when doing yoga or sleeping, the collection, clocking in at four hours, can be used for additional calming purposes such as meditation.

http://www.dancingastronaut.com/2016/05/moby-gives-away-four-hours-ambient-music/

here are the top 50 countries from users that visit the forum most often :

1 United States
2 Greece
3 Russia
4 United Kingdom
5 France
6 Germany
7 Finland
8 Poland
9 Australia
10 Belgium
11 Ukraine
12 Canada
13 India
14 Spain
15 Italy
16 Sweden
17 Mexico
18 South Africa
19 Hungary
20 Netherlands
21 Norway
22 Switzerland
23 Turkey
24 Czech Republic
25 Denmark
26 Israel
27 Japan
28 Austria
29 Portugal
30 Argentina
31 Iran
32 Ireland
33 Romania
34 Croatia
35 Kenya
36 New Zealand
37 Thailand
38 (not set)
39 Brazil
40 Serbia
41 South Korea
42 Malaysia
43 United Arab Emirates
44 Chile
45 China
46 Ecuador
47 Estonia
48 Slovenia
49 Trinidad & Tobago
50 Costa Rica

I don't want to brag or anything but I have a feeling that my multiple visits a day have put Greece up so high, there aren't that many Greeks around here. In fact I can't remember anyone else apart from Spinnet. Could be wrong though, it was very crowded at The Place when there was that awesome all-Greek party in May.

I don't want to brag or anything but I have a feeling that my multiple visits a day have put Greece up so high, there aren't that many Greeks around here. In fact I can't remember anyone else apart from Spinnet. Could be wrong though, it was very crowded at The Place when there was that awesome all-Greek party in May.

this statistics for both logged and not logged users, there are many people who are accessing forum via google search, read some info and then go away without creating account or contributing. Maybe i will have time later to do better statistic with more details.

hm :) i am curious too 

14% of all connections to this forum are from US

stats:

http://imgur.com/C1E7O0S

http://imgur.com/harqOLL

lol ignore the NC stat, that's all me. I probably come here multiple times a day mainly to check the vote totals of my weekly poll threads or listen to last week's releases but damn I didn't think it was that much :blink:

lol ignore the NC stat, that's all me. I probably come here multiple times a day mainly to check the vote totals of my weekly poll threads or listen to last week's releases but damn I didn't think it was that much :blink:

i forget how big was the "time range" for this stats. but as you see not that many people connect here , however i am glad to be here with you, we are having a nice music time.

1200 Micrograms - Ritualism EP

14604975.jpg

RELEASE DATE :   2016-11-14
LABEL :                  Tip Records
CATALOG :             TIPR2016002

Deep in the dessert.. under the night sky.. the shaman began a ritual.. ayahuasca.. initiations..
Beyond the Pineal gland, ripping at the seams, the ceremony has began.. strange colours and sounds, and the trees assuming shapes of animals, and faces..
1200 Mic´s is a Heroic Dose, of high energy Protons, tickling the electrons.. on a tapestry of high voltage turbo charged Psy trance / breaking boundaries every time..
the music goes forward.. Ritualistic.. Shamanistic.. realistic aural landscapes..
so.. welcome.. enter the circle and let the Ritual Commence..
this music was made in the Studio of Riktam and Bansi with Chikkii on the idyllic isle of Ibiza.. and.. many thanks to those involved..
as ever
RajaRam Sept 2016

Tracklist:

01. The Ritual [7:09]

02. We Want To Be Free [6:38]

03. Speed Freak [6:50]

Buy:

https://www.beatport.com/release/ritualism-ep/1870194