psybient.org community members forum - share good vibes and enjoy
Gagarin Project

Say Word, Random News Exchange, Basically this topic is open for anything

Friends,

it is rainy day here today, i just came home after a piknick in a park with burner friends. The plan is to prepare a playlist for next events. But i had to make a small stop here to see how is going and to share a link in "What are you listening now".

Sometimes i come here and i get this feeling of warmth, knowing that we are here together :)

Anyway, this post is to say anything you feel like , all in one topic post basically ;P

giphy.gif

Packing my things for some free camping with my family on a small island, Tilos, south from where I live. This will be a much needed "detoxication" phase with zero electricity & technology, just some old-fashioned books :)

See you all in a few days  B)

Friends,

it is rainy day here today, i just came home after a piknick in a park with burner friends. The plan is to prepare a playlist for next events. But i had to make a small stop here to see how is going and to share a link in "What are you listening now".

Sometimes i come here and i get this feeling of warmth, knowing that we are here together :)

Anyway, this post is to say anything you feel like , all in one topic post basically ;P

giphy.gif

Wow, this image is amazing!

I wish I could adapt the pace to the beat of the music I'm currently listening to

nice by the way:

was at Waha festival this weekend, great event with a super vibe !

being there helped me to understand why i am so attracted by festivals:

- nature (open air)

- new good music on powerful systems

- interesting people

Waha had it all, special surprise for me was a awesome moments with people, they were open , kind and english speaking. Festival is highly recommended.

just discovered this kickstarter project about "creating videos for the audio track".

without going to analyse if the project is perfect, i have to say that i really think that music shall have the possibility be more visual. 

more about project - http://whitestone.io/

That's quite interesting!

Actually, I followed the same path, I like to thing about albums as artworks as a whole (music and cover, and sometimes, concept). After having listened to too many mp3s, I bought CDz, but was frustrated by the small cover, and then turned to vinyls and discovered that these albums were much more than the music, like with booklets and everything.

And deepening the musical experience with technology is a great idea!

Will follow this project!

I hear you.

We are in the finishing stages of our debut album for the One Arc Degree project and we developed a short science fiction story which the music is actually the soundtrack for. This way everything makes sense: track names, track listing, overall mood, flow, graphic art, everything. It is so much more coherent that a bunch of tunes properly ordered. I would so love to be able to present it in video form as well...

We are in the finishing stages of our debut album for the One Arc Degree project and we developed a short science fiction story which the music is actually the soundtrack for. This way everything makes sense: track names, track listing, overall mood, flow, graphic art, everything. It is so much more coherent that a bunch of tunes properly ordered. I would so love to be able to present it in video form as well...

Intriguing!!! Are you guys going to at least give some clues, possibly a storyline, to guide us through the journey?

The video idea sounds cool. What would it be, animation, actors, a combination?

I hear you.

Ha, nice stuff! :-) Looking forward to hearing more about that!

Cryo chamber, Simon Heath's (the guy behind Krusseldorf and many many other stuff) dark ambient label, usually develops stories behind albums:

https://cryochamber.bandcamp.com/

Atrium carceri, or Sabled Sun are developing concepts, and we are to follow explorers in dark sceneries.

Do you know of such artists that developed albums as whole concepts?

I'm thinking of David Bowie, Serge Gainsbourg (L'histoire de Melody Nelson, l'homme à la tête de chou), Zappa (We're only in it for the money), and probably many others.

i gonna use this tool to temporarly block acess to certain apps and certain websites, as internet starts to be tooo distracting => http://selfcontrolapp.com/

there are alternatives for windows and browsers :)

=> https://alternativeto.net/software/selfcontrol/

as internet starts to be tooo distracting

+1 for ALL state2 experiences and soundtrack to occur offline

+1 for paper/fabric based static artwork. All animation/visuals to be presented as background ambience never as focus of state2 experiences. Ah I guess because it's easy enough to get drawn in and our heads are set up to look for connections so it's stimuli overload.

+1 Remember stuff about sussing mindset & setting out before any state2 experiences. Internet/online world should be unplugged.

+1 for music first - as a soundtrack to a dance/chill in the woods/beach - not assume our screen habit is beneficial.

Also, none of us has all the answers I'm just thinking out loud. Everybody go learn Mindfulness skills though - empty head is where it's at.

"Science-fiction"

An off world perspective can transcend race/cultural/gender/sexuality divisions? We are the aliens or something. But also it might be a terrifying concept to perceive hints about aliens in music/packaging - I've spun out to eat static before. I rate bits of Gel-Sol and he's making a sci-fi concept album. I used to really like ScienceFiction parties at Brixton. Less woo/dropping-of-critical-thinking with futurology perspective too.

Ah different music for where folks at, arc of state2 experience etc. Playing out must be super tough to make sense of it all - chapeau to folks that brave spotlight - I'm half thinking online distribution of WAV files for solo/group experience elsewhere is more useful setting for peak+ especially type things. Maybe gatherings are more about a single dance area & a cafe/relax space that's mostly horizontal - not sure I'm really feeling where a third/fourth/etc space fits into it all - unless it's a unifying thing then I'm up for that. Oh I have an empty Twitter, mixlcloud & easy enough to find band camp - but mostly thinking offline is t way to go - I just turned single too - hope to catch up one time. Also I used to post in a couple of other places but easy finds - ah one place has disappeared and another - in fact don't bother I've hardly ever said anything more than a couple of pages worth reading in my whole life - I'm just half wishing I was better at 'connecting' or fitting in sometimes. Some days I feel sane in a crazy crazy world out there. Music is my sanctuary the song goes I think.

Re:formats tho...I have an "AGPtEK" 8gb MP3 that takes 64gb micro sd (size of a little finger nail) - works & hi-fis ok - does need plugging in every 50-70hrs tho. Anyway, vinyl I'm over cos it just becomes heavy clutter or rare to worry about, cassettes? I really like t idea that kids can just find a boombox & good to go - much safer setting than via phone. But it's hard to find personal tape player now & restrictive about range of music to take away - I dunno tho - less chance of glitch than digital files/players so far? I've had mp3s fall apart in storage but WAV seems +5yr reliable so far, so I've gone with that. I archive cd & still crave records but nearly over compulsion to own - which I think was more about wanting to keep it safe more than anything - real world collection defo sucks if ever time to live overseas tho I know that much. iPad system is crazy to try and add files to - but possibility of being useful for making/playing esp with that ableton new link thing if works ok. I'm hopeful just iPad mini & prob one of the NI sound card things to take on road to share one day - esp via my surly long haul trucker - steel frame touring bikes for all sorts of win I say

Anyway, I'm day-dreaming of maybe one of those pioneer usb players - CD esp CDr just not up to job of transit and use. But half feel like it's disrespectful truly not to even try vinyl turtablism skills - even just as prod technique - all more than a decade away for me I guess. I did play a few queer space uni parties one time, a single outdoor event, evening runs 'djing' in a veg cafe & then bought time to be on local radio - I think at the time I just wasn't into any adverts so I rather pay each week for a slot on the radio than alternatives - it was just AM station but felt more real to me than posting mixes up online or giving away someone else's music via sound cloud or wherever. Anyway I stepped up before I had sufficient skills & then there was a big flap about moving overseas again - really not feeling bar scenes at all - and I think I'd feel bit better about making my own music first before easing into showcasing finds - all really years and years away and well I dunno it might be ok in t end but well I resisting easy reflex to be critical - it's all just because music is a bit important to me I guess. MixMasterMorris said music was his life, his connection like a lover almost. Right now, esp after a break-up this week, music single closest thing/friend for me - just recently I'm getting passionate about career tho too - uni hoops and trying to focus are part of vanishing too for now I guess. I'm like pretty much the shyest person I've ever met unless I'm drunk and I gave up ever more than 2drinks already - never ever mix with state2 carry-on I, well not just me say.

But yeah, potential to transfer tunes hand-to-hand I feel and pretty much our whole culture could be almost invisible online - except to collect music - band camp is neat t way u can surf collections - but unreal how few folk pick up on some 5star stuff even from big names. Anyway that really is me. Over&out. Also I feel a bit stink for Ott diss - he's called me much worse online tho & Shpongle app SiP says Ott turned down offer of opening the red rocks gig with an "ego" attitude response about how he'd rather oh I forget what but sounded rude if tru.

"state2"

Ah I'm just making stuff up as I go along eh - I think everyone in the world should imagine that the police read every single txt, email, social media post, with the internet lasting for ever and anonymity obviously impossible - I mean even curser hovers, access to everything deleted, really fucking easy remote invisible access to mobile phones as recording devices and laptop cameras even if they appear switched off to user. I mean we all appreciate this already yeah? So for one thing it's really fucking stupid for anyone who would ever like to travel overseas to say they EVER took drugs - like we all know that USA visas are refused merely for past - like fully decades ago admission. Just plain irresponsible for artists to chat like they live in a free world for an interview. But also, there's a sort of fuck this thing about being more open - like coming out of the closet and being prepared to roll with how it plays out. Mostly tho we should pretend we're stealthy ninjas, a resistance in a police state - never using tech to communicate about stuff that is pretty much sacred - in fact not even paper or abstract images/props - like we just share our empty head spaces with one another in joyful celebration at the wonder of being an alive part of the cosmos experiencing itself. Ha soz, I'm not helping - I guess everything is right here&now wherever that might be.

I think I was thinking of a hard to read bit in the bytes cover too - I sit in space one and contemplate space two I think it said

I need a Teleport !  WOW  .... it is a bit like a dream...... - PSY DOWNTEMPO FULL POWER ! This weekend has at least 6 events that i would personally like to attend. 4 of them will be chill only !!! If i had a teleport and time stretcher i would go to there 6 events (in alphabetic order): 

Bluetech on tour (USA)

Downtempo Paintings (Greece)

Gratitude (Montreal, Canada)

Mystic Sound Records​ Sound Party (Russia)

Pangani in Ritual (Asutria)

Psylounge Night Nomad Bar​ (Germany)

Shamanic by Hadra Records​ (France)

Many friends will be at those events, and I hope all of you will have a transformational experience

chill / downtempo artists, dj's and organisers - please take time to submit your events to our calendar, is really easy and quick. This way we can be sure to help you with promo. 

I do my best to not miss anything, but your help is more then welcome and necessary. So full calendar with submission form, with more parties and links => http://www.psybient.org/love/psybient-calendar/ 

there is an active psybient community on reddit (link below), and we would like to invite you to participate in their best of the year poll.

Our best of the year poll will be starting in january 2016. stay in touch.