psybient.org community members forum - share good vibes and enjoy
Spinnet (One Arc Degree)

VA - Organic Beats Vol. 3 (2015) [Altar Records] (psydub, tribal)

Artist: Various

Album: Organic Beats Vol. 3

Type: Compilation

Style tags: Psydub, Psychill, Tribal

Media type: WEB, CD-R

Year: 2015

Label: Altar Records

Length: 01:09:05

Official url: http://altar.bandcamp.com/album/organic-beats-vol-3-24bits

glad you posted here this long awaited compilation. Altar's high quality standart of selection is a guarantee of amusement and new names in tracklist is inspiring for new music.

my personal highlight is track 6: KEEMIYO - Song for Can Cabestany [24] 

i also like the idea in LYNX - Tingling Roots [24] , but it is a bit "hard" on beats.

• ONE ARC DEGREE - Opuntias & Cactoids Why?  nice and relaxing

Thank you, much appreciated!!

All in all, it's a very impressive compilation. I especially enjoyed both tracks from Galaxy Drop. They have a very nice electronica/progressive/retro feel to them!

I like this quite a bit. Most of the tunes are beautiful, but One Arc Degree, Motion Drive (who I found out is a prog trance producer!) and Lynx are the standouts for me. One Arc Degree's tune does justice to the title of the compilation as it indeed sounds quite organic - and very nice at that. Great choice for an opener. Motion Drive's tracks are very relaxing dub and Lynx has an experimental edge plus those ethnic elements.

I decided to have a listen to the two tunes available from the fourth installment of the series though you can't really get the mood of a compilation from just a couple of tracks. They sound a bit darker than Vol. 3 but maybe a bit deeper. Looking forward to that - even though it'll come out at the tail end of summer, which will mean (among other things) it'll catch me in a "back to work in a couple of days" frame of mind.