psybient.org community members forum - share good vibes and enjoy
Gagarin Project

Beautiful documentaries

timelapse

"Slow" marine animals show their secret life under high magnification. Corals and sponges are very mobile creatures, but their motion is only detectable at different time scales compared to ours and requires time lapses to be seen. These animals build coral reefs and play crucial roles in the biosphere, yet we know almost nothing about their daily lives.
Learn more about what you see in my post: notes-from-dreamworlds.blogspot.com.au/2014/03/slow-life.html 

SATOYAMA: Japan's Secret Watergarden - BBC Natural World (Wildlife Documentary)

I saw this a few weeks ago and just loved the atmosphere, it's just soooo traditional japanase :)

if i have the chance to go back to japan, i would love to visit this place of tranquility

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AwgnAJfk8mk

There’s something timeless about the marriage of music and images, with no dialogue. Following in the inspiring footsteps of films such as "Baraka", "Atlas Dei" and "Ashes & Snow", for the last decade Nick Klimenko (aka Chronos) has been carefully curating and combining unique footage in preparation for a similar project. Now at last the results can be seen as video-clips, photos, computer graphics, dance performances and live acts are all woven together to accompany the wonderful ambient music from Altar Record’s "Helios" album - reworked & remastered into a stunning cinematic experience.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CYBzdCrC7RA

Chronos is 42 minutes long and has no actors or dialogue. The soundtrack consists of a single continuous piece by composer Michael Stearns. Filmed in dozens of locations on five continents, the film relates to the concept of time passing on different scales—the bulk of the film covers the history of civilization, from pre-history to Egypt to Rome to Late Antiquity to the rise of Western Europe in the Middle Ages to the Renaissance to the modern era. It centers on European themes but not exclusively. Other time scales include the passing of seasons, and the passing of night and day, and the passing shadows of the sun in an afternoon to the passing of people on the street. These themes are intermingled with symbolic meaning.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1K9N9flhOx4