psybient.org community members forum - share good vibes and enjoy
Gagarin Project

Spirituality and Electronic Music

We started this whole psybient.org project, because we believe that psybient downtempo music has a positive impact on human mind and it reconnects us both to ancient world of sounds and to eternal cosmic energy of the universe! We all know that good music is beneficial for body, mind and spirit! 

psybient / psychill music is often based / integrate elements of traditional instuments, talks about counscioness shamanic rhythm and so on. In general spirituality and trance music and events are highly interconnected. I would like to remind you about this wonderful documentary about spirituality and electronic music. It is called "Electronic Awakening" and it was released in old 2011. 

I was going to buy the DVD but i manage to wathc the full version online by using some a browser plugin.

You can watch he full version here, unfortunately it is available only to people that are in USA. I actually managed to watch in from EUrope by using some browser "proxy" plugin.

Electronic Awakening (2011) video

Teaser

6 min sample

I haven't got round to watching this yet, but I highly recommend Graham St John's 'Global Tribe: Technology, Spirituality and Psytrance ' if you fancy a read :)

http://www.equinoxpub.com/home/global-tribe/

I have actually just sent off my applications for funding for a PhD looking at women, neo-New Age spirituality and psy culture - fascinating stuff :D

Looks like an interesting documentary. I'll try to watch it when it becomes available.I used to rate that side of psychedelic music highly, but nowadays I mostly enjoy the spiritual feeling I get from the music the moment I'm listening to it without digging any deeper. Having said that, what are the contents of your proposed PhD snowdrop? Sounds interesting.

I want to look at the spiritual component of psy culture (ideas like oneness, the self as god, the divine feminine, etc) in relation to the cultural position of women and the feminine principle. I believe our culture is one of the most progressive in existence in terms of gender equality, both in terms of the involvement of women themselves in producing roles (DJs, producers, organisers, etc), and in terms of the kinds of images of and ideas about women and the feminine principle that are shared among us. So I want to look at how that works, what can be done better, and what feminist scholars (and society at large) can learn from it :)

Agreed. Although just like any other culture a lot of what people do is done in order to conform to it (and I admit I've been guilty of this in the past), I think that the psychedelic culture seems to have less defined, or a more relaxed attitude to, gender roles than, say, rock. It might be because the music is not defined or limited by the content of lyrics and generally attempts to dissolve all kinds of boundaries. I reckon this leaves somewhat less space for feminism, as there is hardly anything to fight against. I'm referring to western or wetern-like societies of course, as that's all I have experience of. In any case I'd be interested to see how your work develops. Best of luck with the funding. :)

I would like to tell you my experience with crystal grids, after I got my first crystal i just knew i needed more of this, and for each new stone I bought - I've noticed posetiv influence on body and soul. And when I meditate with or around Crystals I'm going faster into the meditative state. and faster in contact with spiritual family, and the universe .. When I got more and more stones, I chose to take the stones with me in events where I had a gig and i lay out a crystal grid with about 10 kg of crystals. It also has done a lot of influence in big posetiv degree in very many who were present .. People are more open in their mind whether they are conscious of it or not conscious, I noticed particularly that people did telepath through this grid.. It opened up a door to the other side also, where it just oozed posetiv and happiness, it was like aw thank you for last time feeling from the other side.. it was a great experience. this helped people to get open the inner part which has been depressed for so many generations.. I belive this is what the ancient sivilisations did to getting higher frequency.  I played my set on this event. and people got a great revelation .. It was also beyond my control, although I had great impact that it would happen. Strongly advise getting stones in to events out there. Crystal does vibrate and the same does we and same with music, this way we can help echoder to get higher frequencey..

here is  little bit about crystals and a link.. 

Crystals can be used to change and enhance the vibrations of outdoor areas, such as gardens, sacred groves, leylines. They are equally good at enhancing indoor vibrations in a home, temple, meditation room etc. Crystal gridding is done by creating an energetic force field through a network or grid of crystals placed at strategic locations within the area to be enhanced. For example, you can set up a crystal grid in your meditation room to enhance spiritual vibrations in the room and to go higher in your meditation. Crystals have the natural capacity to amplify energy, and thus are perfect to increase good energy and positive vibrations. But that is just one possible use of crystal grids. 

http://www.sacredserpent.net/crystal-grids.html